Applications can be made until 7th June 2009.
The School for Leaders of the Polish Community Abroad is addressed to socially active representatives of the Polish communities and Poles, who live in the Western Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Great Britain, Greece, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The School for Leaders for the Polish Community Abroad is being held under the patronage Senate Marshal of the Republic of Poland Bogdan Borusewicz.
The programme of the project comprises two-weeks workshops in Poland, meetings and study visits. The participants will be offered an insight into the Polish everyday life, issues concerning the transformation of the political system in Poland, country’s contemporaneous society and economy, as well its culture and history. During the School the participants will develop their leadership skills and will be trained to undertake dynamic and socially aware activities in their local communities.
The participants will be divided into two language groups – Polish and English. Command of the English or Polish Language is obligatory.
The School will be held from 24th August to 6th September 2009. Applications can be made until 7th June 2009.
Candidates are obligated to send by e-mail:
- Application form (One can fill up application form in Polish or in English)
- Recommendations and documents, which confirm their activities in social live in Poland or in country, where they lives( No Government Organisations; Polish Community Organisations; taking part in projects etc.)
THE SCHOOL FOR LEADERS FOR THE POLISH COMMUNITY ABROAD comprises three parts:
- workshops aimed at developing leadership skills inter alia leadership, creating a team, communication, introducing changes,
- lectures and meetings with politicians, artists, directors, social activists etc.
- study visits on the territory of the entire country in the scope of which the participants will meet local leaders, become acquainted with the contemporaneous Poland and will visit places concerning Polish history and culture.
TERMS AND SCHEDULE OF THE RECRUITMENT
We welcome the people who:
- are aged between 20 and 35,
- reside in the Western Europe: Great Britain, Ireland, Portugal; Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Greece, Malta, Luxembourg, Finland, Sweden, Norway.
- are of Polish descent or are Polish citizens
- are leaders within their communities,
- for a minimum of 2 years have been involved in the community, culture or politics,
- desire to improve their leadership skills,
- want to learn about the contemporary Poland, as well as its culture, society and recent history
Outline of the recruitment schedule:
7th June 2009 – deadline for submitting applications and letters of recommendation
untill 19th June 2009 – publication of the list of the participants of the School
there is 25 person, who can be qualified.
The organisers will bear the costs of participating in the School including accommodation, meals, study materials, admission at study visits, and will partly reimburse the participants for a two way plane ticket between Poland and their country of residence up to the amount of 500 zloty in total.
Please apply by submitting application form, CV, letters of recommendation and other documents certifying the information included in the application form via e-mail to:
During recruitment the Association will consult Polish diplomatic missions on the territory of Western Europe.
Telephone 22 556 82 56
Telephone 22 556 82 65
Documents to download on this page
The project is funded by the Chancellery of the Senate of the Republic of Poland.
Published on Polonia.NL 18.05.2009